Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Paralized

The Sum of all Fear

A healthy dose of fear can keep us safe, but unhealthy fear is paralyzing. It prevents us from "living" the life that we were intended for. It really limits our potential, and can prevent us from enjoying relationships, experiences, and a meaningful life.

Fear can tie us to the past, and prevent us from exploring and gaining our future. 

When fear takes root in our lives they can actually turn into phobias. The truth is that everyone wrestles with some type of fears, no matter how perfect and put together on the outside. But whatever fears it is that you face, please know that you are not alone. For the very longest time i felt completely ashamed and alone. I thought i was the only person who was this "crazy" and that no one else knew what it was like to be me. Although, most of the people closest to me do not understand or know anything about the battles I'm facing, after sharing just a little bit of my story to a few people i have found out that even some of the people closest to me have similar issues. I just found out that my brother also suffers from anxiety. Not to the extreme that i do, and he is not bound and shackled by it. But recently, he was in a serious accident and he opened up to me about a lot of things. 

By NO means do i feel comfort that other people suffer, but it is a bit reassuring to know that i am not alone in this. Even tho i do not know anyone directly affected with the same exact issues that i face, i know that there are plenty of people who are out there who deal with the same things as me! Hopefully, through this story/ blog, we can all connect, encourage and grow.. together!!!

I know everyone out there isn't a christian, and that is not the point of this blog, but i recently read a quote that i LOVE, and want to share!!

"The Truth is that there is NO fear from which God cannot set you Free From!!"



No comments:

Post a Comment